Are you a Bronze, Silver, or Gold Member? This course is included in your membership. Take Course Now >
This series, Testosterone for Women, is an attempt to rebut a recent consensus paper and to include all the studies and data demonstrating the benefits of testosterone in women that were ignored by the authors in this recent paper. During this course, Dr. Rouzier will review that medication can be prescribed for off-label use when there is evidence to support it.
Upon completion of this workshop, the healthcare professional will be able to:
- Review the most recent consensus paper written on the current opinion for prescribing testosterone for women.
- Discuss that the current opinion for prescribing testosterone for women is only recommended in women that have a confirmed diagnosis of hypoactive sexual desire disorder and only when other treatments have failed.
- Recall the current recommendations do not recommend the use of testosterone for any other reason or indication.
- Discuss that guidelines are only suggestions. If the patient and prescribing doctor determine that testosterone would benefit the patient, there are no contraindications to the use of testosterone.
- Review the concept that any medication can be prescribed for off-label use if there is sufficient scientific support for the safety and efficacy of that medication as there is for testosterone.