During this month’s webinar, Dr. Rouzier discusses how T3 is beneficial and how high dose T3 is more preferred by patients. We review the literature that demonstrates no harm in high dose replacement of thyroid hormone. There is a tremendous amount of literature that supports giving high dose T3 and no problems with sudden cardiac death, a-fib, osteoporosis fractures, or strokes.
Upon completion of this workshop, the healthcare professional will be able to:
- Associate how HDT treatment does not appear to be a significant cardiovascular risk.
- Distinguish how High Dose Thyroid differs from hyperthyroidism in significant ways.
- Explain the sequela of hyperthyroidism is increasingly tied to autoimmune complications which are absent with HDT.
- Recognize that equating hyperthyroidism with HDT is incorrect.
- Compare that high circulating thyroid levels resulting from HDT is fundamentally different than Graves’s hyperthyroidism.
- Identify how the cardiovascular risks of HDT appear to be low and are at least as safe or safer than many psychiatric medications.