Upon completion of this workshop, the healthcare professional will be able to:
- Discuss and review hormone therapy updates based on the latest literature review. This includes:
- Hormones and cancer
- Inflammation, chronic disease and hormones
- Weight-loss, recidivism and hormones
- Benefits of testosterone for heart disease
- Why not to fear estrogen
- Identify the genetic markers that places patients at high-risk for Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes
- Provide biochemistry overview of the function of these genetic markers
- Provide clinical tools to assist in identification, treatment and education of high-risk individuals
- Describe how to practice defensive medicine with advice and tips from a medical legal expert specializing in malpractice and medical board defense cases.
- Recognize the new modalities and mechanisms that stimulate our own cells to produce growth and healing factors that result in clinical benefit i.e. Exosomes, Stem Cells, PRP.
- Review and examine the roots, origins and theory surrounding the obesity epidemic.
- Explain how to apply techniques to engage patients in behavioral changes.
- Apply in your practice intermittent fasting strategies for your patients based on existing programs with known patient success.
- Introduce and analyze a new paradigm for insulin resistance. Knowing why the meds don’t work and learning what does work to better help patients manage and get rid of type 2 diabetes.
- Review the literature that supports the benefits of thyroid hormone replacement in increasing weight loss, providing CVD protection and improving symptomology.
- Decipher the literature that sensationalizes blood clots in the administration of testosterone replacement therapy.
Neal Rouzier, MD